Project life | How to make simple tabs

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

I'm a fan of different sized pages and inserts in my Project Life album. One of the problems with this is that often you can turn right past the inserts, not noticing them. One way to overcome this problem, as well as using as headings, page dividers, or just a cool little embellishment, is to add tabs to the edge of smaller page inserts.

This is how I made one quickly.

I used a journaling card from the Project Life x Stampin Up Kit "Moments Like These" and added the date. You can add this in Photoshop,or hand write, date stamp, or add stickers. Lots of other options too.

 Next step is to cut, leaving enough to fold, as indicated below.
 If you don't have a scoring tool, just fold using a ruler.
 Tape or glue together.
 Now add some double sided tape to the front. I suggest 2 strips to keep it firmly adhered to the page. Be careful not to place tape where you want the tag to hang out from page.

Attach to back side of page protector. Will look like this:
Here are some other examples of tabs I've made:

 For titles
 Just to show there's more on the reverse
 Numbered for multiple inserts.
A chipboard alpha tab.

I use journaling cards for my tabs. They're a good weight to work with. 

I hope this has given you some inspiration! Thanks for stopping by.

Donna xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)