Last year I had the same debate with myself and in the end, I went with a series of 6x8 page inserts which I placed within my December PL pages as my version of December Daily. You can see them here and below. Links to products used also in this post.
My reasoning was a bit like this...
- The lead up to Christmas from now happens in a flash and I'm not sure I'd get the album prep done
- Do I really want an album separate to the main PL album... they wouldn't be viewed together that way
- We have a business which gets a bit crazy leading into Christmas, coupled with end of year prizegiving, exams, kids home on study leave, Christmas functions, shopping, and going away for Christmas... yep, I'm sure my mind wouldn't be in an album preparation
- We go away to family every Christmas
- To be honest once we come home, for me it's summer holidays and Christmas is over. It's down with the tree and decorations and onto summer hols
This year, my teens are probably even less cooperative with the whole Christmas preparation.
So I think I'll keep Christmas to my Project Life album and add in some inserts. Probably not as a separate insert series like last year. My mission will be to get whatever completed straight after Christmas.
I do have a little idea brewing, so we'll see how it pans out! Just intending to go with the flow, keep simplicity in mind but that doesn't mean boring.
Here are a few more images of last years album which I never got around to uploading (perfect example of Christmas over/summer hols started!).
Also Issue 3 of JOT Magazine has just come out online. I have a layout in the Project Life section. Here's the post with further photos of that layout. It's a fabulous read and packed with lots of inspiration.