These layouts about my daughter's birth I made about 2, maybe 3 years ago and helped me choose my colour scheme.
(click to enlarge)Having teens, I also have their opinions on how they'd like their memories kept! My instructions are:
- minimal touching up of photos (they love looking at the colours of clothes, the tatty walls in our house then under renovation, Nana's 'busy' patterned carpet strewn with Christmas paper, etc. They say that's their memories. Fair enough. I am going to play with a few photos too. That's my compromise.
- Minimal embellishment. Okay, that one's easy because I'm mostly digi/hybrid now.
- When I saw this post, my heart skipped a beat. I adore her cards. Okay the photos have been made black and white, but I'm definitely taking some of this as my inspiration though.
And so, yesterday I gathered my supplies together.
(work in progress)
- Random page protectors... both Becky Higgins and We R Memory Keepers will work here.
- Some of the layouts I made a few years ago
- Trimmed photos to fit pockets
- I found these adorable flower stickers by Heidi Grace left over from my Fiskars days - these will work for my daughter's album.
- and I purchased these from AC Digitals.
(I'm still tempted to get the neutral version just for the cute elephant card!) Even though this is the girl edition, I know all the non pink colours will work for my son's album too, but I'm working on my daughter's album first.
I'll post when I have some progress made on this project.